It is another happy day in Outside Hook, because now I’m writing about my recent nomination for the Blogger Recognition Award! Yet another new discovery for me; I’m so excited to share my first award with you all. So happy to have gotten it from Cristina from Mytinyobsessions!! Huge thank you to her, and go check out her lovely blog!
- Select 15 other blogs you want to give the award to. Do some digging if you must! Find those blogs. You cannot nominate yourself or the person who has nominated you.
- Write a post to show off your award! Give a brief story of how your blog got started, and give a piece or two of advice to new bloggers. Thank whoever nominated you, and provide a link to their blog. List who you’ve nominated in the post.
- Make sure to also attach the award itself! (You can do this by right-clicking, saving, and uploading the image above).
- Comment on each blog and let them know you’ve nominated them. Provide a link to the award post you created.
- Provide a link to the original post on Edge of Night. That way, anyone can find the original guidelines and post if needed, and we can keep it from mutating and becoming confusing! (It happens LOL).
THE STORY OF MY BLOG
So, how did my blog get started?
Once upon a time…
a young girl sat in her room, wistfully staring out her window at the cars zooming by, longing to be free. Thoughts raced through her mind, too quick to be captured, yet too slow to make an impact. So she sat, and she thought, and she waited.
What was she waiting for? The day was young, and she had time. But that was exactly it; she had time, too much time, and all these thoughts in her head, with no where to go.
Her fingers itched to move, her body longed to get up, and her tongue struggled to scream out “Carpe Diem!” But alas…there was nothing she could do, because doing that would be weird.
Bored out of her mind, not wanting to do much but wishing to do more at the same time, she finally eased off her bed, and walked the treacherous distance to her desk on the far side of her room. There sat her computer, untouched, a fine layer of dust collecting on the surface.
And then, a thought. One that was just the right speed, one that came into the peripheral vision within her: Do something. Write. Create. Imagine. Hurry up and Seize the freakin’ day.
A little creeped out, but with nothing better to do, she followed the thought, and said “Why not”, and thus a blog was born.
So here’s where I give advice to new bloggers. So basically I’ll give my advice to all of you and also to myself, as I’ve just started blogging less than a month ago. The best way to learn is to teach, right? 😀
- Know what you write, and love what you write. Pick something that you love to talk about and share it!
- Use visuals- too many words are scary. >.<
- Organization is key: Make an aesthetically-pleasing blog page! WordPress is so great because it’s relatively simple to use and has instructions for practically everything you need.
- Delve into the blogosphere! Leave comments, follow bloggers, and be a happy sunshine that people want to get to know!
So I gotta ask: to my much more experienced bloggers out there, does that sound about right?